Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Goat Gone Wild!

I came home this morning from taking the kids to school and picking up my daily boxes of veggie from Albertson, to find the goat "hallway" fence had blown over and all of the goats were out! So here was the scene when I pulled in the driveway; All 8 goats were atop the four wheeler that was parked next to the garden. They were playing King of the Mountain...head butting each other and shoving to see who could stay on top the longest. As soon as I opened the door to the van, they ran over to me, much like a group of dogs would. They were so happy to see me. Their little tails were flagging and they were hopping all around me. What a wonderful welcome home. I began walking to the house to get help with the fence from Travus. This beautiful gaggle of girls followed me to the house, leaping and bounding over the front porch. I love their energy and happiness. I do have some goat poop to clean off the front porch but that is a small price to pay for such fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment