Friday, April 29, 2011

Amy the hen

This little sweetheart is the Houdini of the barnyard. I believe she wakes up each morning asking herself what she can do differently than the rest of the hens. She definitely squawks to the beat of a different drum. She is ALWAYS out of the chicken run. She will follow me inside the run but tricks me each time and slips in the barn when I enter. Yes, she is faster than I.  Maybe she is just a busybody and has to check on the cats, rabbits and goats. She loves visiting the goat pasture. Sometimes I wonder if she thinks the goats are better company than her fellow feathered fowl friends. When  not bedding down with the nanny goats, she is patrolling the yard for bugs. Who knows where she lays her eggs! It is like a daily Easter egg hunt! The day I shot this pictures, I caught her in the baby goats box right as she was laying her egg! I love her little crooked toes and the spunky attitude in life....just doing her own thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment